In the publication, 16 Swedish civil society organisation that have been integral in shaping and implementing Sweden’s Feminist Foreign Policy for the last eight years comes together to share their experiences on successes and failures. The learnings and recommendations that are shared in the publication aims to contributes to the debate on what makes a successful Feminist Foreign Policy.
The publication is shaped around six core concepts and approaches that are essential for a Feminist Foreign Policy to make real and sustainable change, which are:
- A Gender-transformative approach
- An intersectional approach
- A human rights-based approach
- The promotion of local leadership
- The importance of bold and global institutional leadership
- No area is gender neutral.